So I had this really science based, fact check blog planned for today about the importance of bodyweight work as THE platform for success or continued success at any level of athletic endeavor. That without it you can’t lift more, or run faster, or yadda, yadda, yadda. Then I boiled it down to Ego Check: volume and viciousness.
Then I started reading some things. You know, articles on the Internet, blogs, lists, and more bullsh*t about New Years resolutions, and Dr. OZ, and quick fix crap, so I decided to switch it up. So this is one part rant, two parts CA philosophy, and one half-part backflip into the randomized scatterings that are my brain. (Don’t worry, bodyweight Awesomeness will post next week!) [Can you say push-up?] 😉
I have a voracious (<- SAT word right there) appetite for books, and knowledge; and the more I learn, the more I realize I don’t know anything about anything, and therefore I need to learn more. (It seems like Sisyphus pushing the bolder, but honestly I love it.) When you stop learning you might as well checkout. Quit your job and find something that makes you happy, and a big part of that happiness is a platform for growth.
So here is something to consider.
- 2+2 =4, but so does
- 3+1=4, and so does
- 9-5=4, and well… so does
- 64 / 16 =4 and then, well… you get the drift.
There are a lot of ways to get from point A to point B, and no matter what you call it. Or how pretty the box, bow, or gift-wrap is. It all boils down to simple concepts. So let me package 2015 Resolutions simply…
- Train SMART
- Sometimes hard
- Occasionally easy
- Stop to look around once in a while, do whatever it is because it makes you HAPPY!
- Learn to be a little UNCOMFORTABLE.
- Drink a shit ton of WATER.
- Eat a vegetable based diet LIFESTYLE.
- Training and exercise are not wars with your body, they SUSTAIN it.
- Be EXCEPTIONAL at the simple things, this INCLUDES
- Stop judging others for what they do. If everybody is moving then guess what; you’re on the same F*cking team.
- Check your ego at the door. If you knew better you wouldn’t be taking direction you would be giving it. (<- Also if you believe that, then you need to read more books)
(Just a snippet of what an evening here looks like)